1. Lund , H. Large-scale integration of wind power into different energy systems. Energy , 2005 , 30 , 2402–2412.
2. Eriksen , P. B. and Orths , A. The challenges and solutions of going from 20 to 50 percent of wind energy coverage in the Danish power system until 2025. In Proc. 7th International Workshop on Large-Scale Integration of Wind Power into Power Systems as well as on Transmission Networks for Offshore Wind Farms. Madrid , 2008.
3. A Renewable Energy Roadmap: Paving the Way Towards a 20% Share of Renewables in the EU’s Energy Mix by 2020. European Union press release , 10 January 2007 , MEMO/07/13. http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=MEMO/07/13 (25.08.08).
4. Making 180 GW a Reality by 2020. EWEA’s Position on the Future EU Legislation for Renewable Energy and Its Impact on the Wind Industry. Executive summary. http://www.ewea.org/fileadmin/ewea_documents/documents/news_releases/EXECUTIVE_
5. Fragaki , A. , Andersen , A. N. and Toke , D. Exploration of economical sizing of gas engine and thermal store for combined heat and power plants in the UK. Energy , 2008 , 33; doi:10.1016/j.energy.2008.05.011.
6. Haeseldonckx , D. , Peeters , L. , Helsen , L. and D’haeseleer , W. The impact of thermal storage on the operational behaviour of residential CHP facilities and the overall CO2 emissions. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Rev. , 2007 , 11 , 1227–1243.
7. Kiviluoma , J. and Holttinen , H. Impacts of wind power on energy balance of hydro dominated power system. In Proc. European Wind Power Conference. Athens , 2006.
8. Nordel Annual statistics 2007. Nordel Secretariat , Norway.
9. Liik , O. , Oidram , R. , Keel , M. , Ojangu , J. , Landsberg , M. and Dorovatovski , N. Co-operation of Estonia’s oil shale-based power system with wind turbines. Oil Shale , 2005 , 22 , 127–142.
10. Leonhard , W. and Müller , K. Balancing fluctuating wind energy with fossil power stations. Where are the limits? Electra , 2002 , 204 , 12–17.
11. Liik , O. , Oidram , R. , Keel , M. and Landsberg , M. A new method for estimation of fuel savings by wind energy and its impact on power systems planning. In Proc. Power-Gen Europe. Barcelona , 2004 , paper 357 , 1–18.
12. Kaewboonsong , W. , Kuprianov , V. I. and Chovichien , N. Minimizing fuel and environmental costs for a variable-load power plant (co-)firing fuel oil and natural gas: Part 1. Modeling of gaseous emissions from boiler units. Fuel Process. Technol. , 2006 , 87 , 1085–1094.
13. Power Plant Project Guide for CM Engines. Caterpillar INC. 2002.
14. Ahlstrom , M. L. and Zavadil , R. M. The role of wind forecasting in grid operations. In Proc. Reliability , Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exhibition: Asia and Pacific. Dalian , China , 2005. IEEE/PES , 2005. 15. Giebel , G. The State-Of-The-Art in Short-Term Prediction of Wind Power. A Literature Overview. Risø National Laboratory , Risø , 2003.